It was initially fun for us 4×4’ers ferrying people through the 12″ or so of water covering the road and it also meant we had a captive audience and could thus charge them an extortionate fee to take them back to their parked cars – Doh! I knew we forgot something!
Anyway, now the thank you’s.
- Thanks to Pete for organising the games.
- Thanks to Jo for organising and buying the food.
- Thanks to Harry & Julie for BBQing and serving it.
- But most of all thank YOU to the many of you who came along and supported it, whether you were wet and laughing in the water or wetting yourself laughing on the shore. I look forward to seeing the photos.
- And finally of course, thanks also to our impartial (yeah right) referees.
PS. Jo, sorry we nearly drowned you – but if you will get in the goal mouth, what do you expect? At least you got a dive in 😉