17th January, 2011 : Usually well worth the trip.
The 29th International Shipwreck Conference
Shipwrecks, Diving and Marine Archaeology
Saturday 5th February 2011 at the University of Plymouth, UK
Our Speaker lineup for 2011
Nikolaus von und zu Sandizell and Alejandro Mirabal- Shipwrecks in Indonesian territorial waters
Ayse Devrim Atauz – Shipwrecks of the Deep Ocean
Steven Schwankert – HMS Poseidon
Pete Holt and Martin Davis – SHIPS Project and Wrecks of Plymouth
Teresa Tellus – Behind the expeditions: RMS Lusitania, HMHS Britannic and more
Ted Crosby – Project Highball
Juan Campos – The loss of HMS Serpent
Mark Dunkley – The Future of English Heritage
Post Conference – Sunday 6th February 2011
Mashford boatyard and Battery.
We meet at Admirals Hard at 10am to catch the 10.15 Cremyll Ferry. Others can meet us the other side at 10.30 and walk to Mashfords for a tour starting at 10.45. Our guide will be Peter Lavers. We will go on to look at the nearby gun battery.
The International Shipwreck Conference is organised by wreck enthusiasts for wreck enthusiasts.
(Please note that the programme may change at short notice.)
Where and When
- The Conference is held in the Robbins Conference Centre at the University of Plymouth
- Doors open at 9am and we close at 6pm.
- In the evening there will be a dinner at a local restaurant
- On Sunday a visit to a local attraction has been arranged
See the Programme of Events
- Click here for information about how to order your tickets.
- Get directions to the conference