If you’d like more information about try dives, training or diving in general please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for an appropriate member of the club to come back to you as soon as possible. (if you don’t get a response within a few days please check your spam folder as replies have been known to end up there!)
12 months Bristol Aerospace Sub Aqua Club (or ‘Aerodivers’ as we are known) membership includes:
- 12 Months membership of the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC), the biggest diving club in the world – for more details on the benefits of joining BSAC see here.
- Entry level training to BSAC Ocean Diver which is roughly equivalent to a PADI Open Water qualification with a maximum depth of 20 metres. details on the BSAC site here
- Hire of SCUBA equipment until completion of Ocean Diver (Excluding a wet/dry suit required for open water training)
- A 12 month subscription to the Official BSAC monthly magazine ‘SCUBA’ (more than 100 pages & all colour)
- Access to economical UK diving from our two club boats
- Membership of the BAWA Health & Leisure Club with access to a variety of facilities – see here
- Subsidised access to club pool facilities (Badminton school) on Monday nights for swimming
After you’ve dropped us a line you are welcome to come along and meet us
- Pool Sessions: (details right) Go for a swim, try out some new kit, check out old kit, undertake training, catch up with other members or give Octopush a go! Note: Don’t go down Cote Lane, the drive into Badminton School is about a car length from Westbury Road.
- Club Meetings: (details right) Share a story or two of days past or plan those to come, catch up on gossip or kick back with a drink for a general chat
The committee can consist of up to ten posts, seven elected by the club membership, the others co-opted by elected personnel; Training Officer by the Diving Officer, Advanced Diving Representative by the Dive Leaders and Advanced Divers in the branch and Membership Secretary by the Treasurer.
The committee is responsible for the smooth running of club affairs and finances and meets on the third Wednesday of each month.
Club members are welcome to attend and be part of these meetings but only committee members can vote.
Bristol Aerodivers BSAC – 2020 Committee
|Diving Officer||Tim Clouter|
|Training Officer||Sue Rosser|
|Boat Care Officer||Rob Boyes|
|Membership Secretary||Bob Abbott|
|Social Secretary||Harley Shand|
A little history of our club
- Formation: Circa 1959 by and for employees of the local aerospace industries in Bristol.; we are now open to all.
- Diving: All year round (weather permitting) in the UK (& exotic warmer places!)
- Membership: Our oldest active member is seventy something years young, and club membership can start at 14 if accompanied by a responsible adult, or 18 independently.
- Activities: We aim to provide a good social atmosphere, where non-divers can join in. Events range from an annual Christmas meal, to pool Fun Nights, BBQs and smaller gatherings, such as photo evenings & talks.