7th June, 2008: The aim was to do 50 dives at least, in one day at Cromhall Quarry, and possibly get a few of our dormant divers wet again.
Entertainment included an exciting underwater treasure hunt and .. lots of diving !
We achieved the 50 dives and lots of smiling divers emerged from the deep (well 14 m) and into the sunshine.
There was a barbeque in the evening by our Club specialist.
- Congratulations to The BASAC for 50 years of diving since formation.
- Thanks to all who helped to make this event so successful.
- Well done to all those returning divers, who found that their dry suits had not shrunk during years of dryness, as much as at first thought.
- Thanks to Pete for his very interesting speech and tales of dives-of-old.
- Thanks to Mark and Bob for their ‘photos.
- Thanks to Simon and Maggie for letting us use their water.
- And thanks to Mary (Entertainments Officer) for organising us all and for arranging such wonderful weather.