26th December, 2009 : So this is what happens at a typical Raft Race – Is there any need for words?
- The start is 10.30 sharp in the Keynsham lock, allow time to get the raft in the water.
- Rafts based on baths are preferred, but it is open to ‘anything that floats that isn’t a boat’ (from multi-bath rafts, oil drum rafts, through to well-inflated dry suits).
- Finish is at the Chequers, Hanham, in time for lunch.
- If you don’t want to raft it, bring flour bags or water pistols.
- No rules or scrutineering, but common sense is requested in respect to safety.
- Bottle of Cava for the winning team.
- Sponsorship in aid of any charity is optional.
Here’s what happened over the last three years!